Welcome to Indian Walk Veterinary Center
Since 1990, Indian Walk Veterinary Center has been serving the pets of Bucks County, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Some of our patients come from as far away as northern New Jersey and Maryland.
We care for a wide array of animals, including dogs, cats, ferrets, snakes, lizards and other reptiles, rabbits and rodents and small birds. We believe that every pet deserves our best efforts. We consider the challenge of treating exotic pets an opportunity to expand our knowledge, to help our patients, and to educate our clients in their care.
- To celebrate the delight of the human-animal bond by educating and encouraging people to be considerate caretakers of their animal companions.
- To provide a high standard of technical expertise in an atmosphere of thoughtful concern for our patients and their families.
- Our coat drive was a great success, far surpassing our goal to collect 50 coats. The final count was 148 coats! Many thanks to all who took part!
- Does the thought of bringing your kitty to the vet make you cringe? You are not alone. Studies have shown that more than half of owned cats do not get regular preventive health care. There are many reasons for this, but a major factor is that cats simply do not want to go to the vet and we all know how hard it is to get a cat to do something she does not want to do. Face it, a veterinary visit can be pretty scary if you’re a cat. It starts with being stuffed into a plastic cage that’s likely been sitting gathering dust in the garage for ages. Then you’re placed in a moving vehicle that stops, starts and turns, making your head spin. The vet’s office can be daunting as well. Maybe there are dogs barking, cats crying, phones ringing…
- Take heart! We have a solution that may help your cat get much needed preventive care without excessive stress on either of you. The first Tuesday of every month, from 5:00-7:00 PM is our Cats’ Night Out. We will be offering a feline-friendly hospital setting during those hours exclusively for our feline patients! To reduce fear and promote calming during your cat’s appointment, we will not schedule any canine patients (unless it’s an emergency). We will be using a very effective calming cat pheromone, playing soft music, offering yummy treats and soft blankets for shy kitties to snuggle into. Our staff is trained in gentle feline handling. Everyone who attends will receive a goody bag. Space is limited, so call early to schedule your kitty’s appointment. For more information on stress-free vet visits, see this informative brochure by the AAFP.
- The AVMA and Pet Poison Helpline have produced some great videos about emergency care and various common household items that are toxic to pets. See the videos here in our library.
- Check out our online Library, where new articles are always being added.