Backyard Chicken Care
Backyard chicken keeping has grown very popular. Whether you have a small flock or a large one, Dr. Comings is here to help with all your chicken care needs!
We offer recommendations in husbandry, preventive care, and common illnesses.
The classic symptoms of a sick chicken include:
- Comb - floppy or pale/purple
- Closed eyes
- Loss of appetite or refusal to eat or drink
- Congested breathing sounds
- Reduced egg production or stopped laying
- Odd posture (hunched or fluffed up)
- Wings held low
- Crop that won’t empty
- Weight loss
Common problems we treat:
- Bumble Foot
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Wound Care
If you have questions about how we can help you best care for your backyard chickens, call us at (215) 598-9000 to schedule a consultation.