Backyard Chicken Care
Backyard chicken keeping has grown very popular. Whether you have a small flock or a large one, Dr. Comings is here to help with all your chicken care needs!
We offer recommendations in husbandry, preventive care, and common illnesses. We DO NOT offer any surgical procedures, such as impacted crop surgery at this time.
The classic symptoms of a sick chicken include:
- Comb - floppy or pale/purple
- Closed eyes
- Loss of appetite or refusal to eat or drink
- Congested breathing sounds
- Reduced egg production or stopped laying
- Odd posture (hunched or fluffed up)
- Wings held low
- Weight loss
Common problems we treat:
- Bumble Foot
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Wound Care
If you have questions about how we can help you best care for your backyard chickens, call us at (215) 598-9000 to schedule a consultation.