Here you will find information about many issues that may face you and your pet. Clicking on the title will take you to the article, which is in PDF form for easy printing. Check back often, as new information is added regularly.
For our Puppy School Library, click here. This is a collection of articles on puppy training as well as how to handle some problem behaviors.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DISEASES
- Diabetes Mellitus in Dogs and Cats
- Feline Hyperthyroidism (being updated)
- Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (being updated)
- Feline Inappropriate Elimination
- Hookworms in Dogs and Cats
- Roundworms in Dogs and Cats
- Whipworms in Dogs
DIET INFORMATION AND RECIPES
- Aquatic Turtle Taste Treats – a healthy diet for your damp buddy
- Birdie Bread – a tasty treat for our feathered friends
- Iguana Salad – what to feed your pet iguana
- Rabbit Recipe – the proper diet for your pet rabbit
- Tortoise Tidbits – feeding your tortoise right
PET CARE INFORMATION
- Alternatives to Declawing – courtesy of the Amer Assoc of Feline Practitioners
- Chocolate Toxicity – tempting but dangerous!
- Dental Health Care
- Getting Your Cat to the Vet – helpful hints from the AAFP to reduce stress
- Moving With Your Pet
- Rabies – essential info from the AVMA to keep your pet and family safe!
- Removing Skunk Odor
- Surprising Household Poisons!
- Vaccinations – who gets what, and when?
- Your New Kitten
- Your New Puppy
- Your Senior Cat – Good health for your cat’s golden years
- Your Senior Dog – Good health for your dog’s golden years
- Ebola and Your Pet – The latest from the AVMA and CDC
- Lyme Disease – informative brochure from the CDC
PAWS ON SAFETY – Pet Poison Helpline Videos
AVMA VIDEOS – In An Emergency
SAVING THE WHOLE FAMILY: